Default Home Page for Users & OS Logo is an Actionable Event

MikeG
Contributor III

Thought this was cool and wanted to share so others have the recipe.  If you build a default landing Home Page for users upon login, this is where the XML sits for that Dashboard.

MikeG_0-1686327055804.png

Then, (I was thrilled) to discover this) once you have a default Dashboard set for users, the OneStream logo is now a clickable button!  It returns you to your Home Page Dashboard.

MikeG_1-1686327320049.png

5 REPLIES 5

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well spotted! You don't even need to force a default for all users, just set a Dashboard as your homepage by clicking on the small OS logo in the top-left corner of the page to achieve the same:

JackLacava_0-1686388241365.png

LisaC
New Contributor II

Hi Mike and Jack, 

Thank you both for sharing the tips!

To extend this topic, we are now setting a new homepage for a group of existing users instead of all. And we want to force this from an admin perspective instead of having users set it by themselves.

How we did it is downloading the XML file from my (as admin) user folder and uploading the XML file to other users' folders. 

LisaC_0-1687447418631.png

Do you know if there are any other ways to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, 

Lisa

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you can see from the property of that file, it's contained in the application database. That means you can use the features in BRApi.FileSystem to manipulate it (e.g. .InsertOrUpdateFile). So you could have an extender rule that retrieves all users in a group, and then uploads (or updates) the file for each user.

There might also be some utility covering this sort of work in Solutions Exchange, so maybe have a look there before you start coding.

LisaC
New Contributor II

Hi Jack,

Thanks for sharing! I will definitely have a look there!

mitrad
New Contributor III

You can install Administrator Solution Tools from marketplace, it has a homepage manager that you can use to apply a dashboard to a user or to a group.