No data Zero view property

prash4030
New Contributor III

hello experts,

we are using Actuals scenario with default view as YTD. Since it is YTD in nature, P&L accounts show reversal for next period (periodic view).
we tried updating the property (see attached screenshot, updated highlighted to periodic) but still i'm seeing reversal for few entities. Pls see 2nd screenshot of data. Apr is the current month and May is the next month. 

Can you please let us know if it is possible to avoid P&L reversal (periodic view) for next period by updating No Data Zero View for Non-Adjustment as Periodic for a scenario that has YTD as default view. 

prash4030_0-1714647044996.pngprash4030_1-1714647054213.png

4 REPLIES 4

chul
Contributor III

I wouldn't recommend changing this property in your specific case. It will potentially change the data that you've already loaded. If you're aiming to report zeros for future months in a report, you can do that directly in the cube view.

cds

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@prash4030  - This setting is typically used when clients are loading Zero Data for P&L account and that will be derived for the next month, and you can see in greyed text in CV (Derived Data & StoredButNoActivity). If you change this setting it will have the April value in May. If you already loaded the data and change the setting it will not reflect in CV.  Make sure you do a proper test in your test environment before updating in PROD.

Thanks
Krishna

prash4030
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. 

In our implementation, we bring GL Actuals every day from Oracle. and then we have few acquisitions integration where we load TBs once in a month, directly in OneStream. we send the entire consolidated data to a downstream system on a daily basis. (from OneStream to Incorta). this has been our main issue where periodic P&L is reversed for acquired company's financials for downstream application until we get TB for next month. in order to avoid this, we end up loading prior period's TB into current month until we get the latest TB.

Any suggestion if this can be avoided? 

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@prash4030  -  Refer the Below screenshot differences between YTD & Periodic for No Data Zero View for Non-Adjustments. If you are already Live, I would not suggest changing the settings.

1. You can create a rule formula for the Acquistion entities to reverse it using the flow member so it will be zero until you get the latest TB so you can avoid loading the data into OS.

2. It can be done in a separate scenario if this is only for the Downstream application changing the settings to periodic.

Hope this helps. Message me directly if you still want to discuss further. 

No Data Zero View for NonAdjustments - Periodic

Krishna_0-1714790889431.png

OutPut

Krishna_1-1714790889434.png

No Data Zero View for NonAdjustments – YTD

Krishna_2-1714790889436.png

Thanks
Krishna