People Planning new hire entry

prash4030
New Contributor III

Hello Expert,

Is it possible to make employee register fields mandatory? we want users to select certain required fields before committing save. 

Let me know,

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hbindu
New Contributor III

It depends on the requirements where and what you want to do. In my case I added validation checks in both BeforeSaveDataEvent. 

Below is a small example:

If (args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("SaveRegisterRows")) Then
Dim saveDataTaskInfo = New XFSqlTableEditorSaveDataTaskInfo
    saveDataTaskInfo = args.SqlTableEditorSaveDataTaskInfo
    For Each xfRow As XFEditedDataRow In saveDataTaskInfo.EditedDataRows
        If xfRow.InsertUpdateOrDelete = DbInsUpdateDelType.Insert OrElse xfRow.InsertUpdateOrDelete = DbInsUpdateDelType.Update Then
Dim status As String = xfRow.ModifiedDataRow.Item("Status") 
If (String.IsNullOrEmpty(JobTitle) Or JobTitle.XFContainsIgnoreCase("TBD")) Then
isError = True
             errorMessage = errorMessage & Environment.NewLine & "Job Title cannot be blank or TBD for RegisterID: ...."."
End If
Next
At the end of the code throw the exception...Is the above condition is met then a popup message will showup when planner clicks on the save.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hbindu
New Contributor III

Yes, you can. you can change the color of the register fields to differentiate between read-only and allow-updates fields. You can add validation checks in the custom Event People Planning Business rule to check if the required fields have the values before saving the new entry by the planner.

prash4030
New Contributor III

hi,

thank you for your reply.

i tried to figure this out through documentation on events but no luck. i configured the reference assembly for PLP Solution helper (as per documentation). do i need to use SaveRegisterRows to validate? and how to pass field names as parameter and in case of missing value, want to show a msgBox.

would really appreciate any guidance. 

hbindu
New Contributor III

It depends on the requirements where and what you want to do. In my case I added validation checks in both BeforeSaveDataEvent. 

Below is a small example:

If (args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("SaveRegisterRows")) Then
Dim saveDataTaskInfo = New XFSqlTableEditorSaveDataTaskInfo
    saveDataTaskInfo = args.SqlTableEditorSaveDataTaskInfo
    For Each xfRow As XFEditedDataRow In saveDataTaskInfo.EditedDataRows
        If xfRow.InsertUpdateOrDelete = DbInsUpdateDelType.Insert OrElse xfRow.InsertUpdateOrDelete = DbInsUpdateDelType.Update Then
Dim status As String = xfRow.ModifiedDataRow.Item("Status") 
If (String.IsNullOrEmpty(JobTitle) Or JobTitle.XFContainsIgnoreCase("TBD")) Then
isError = True
             errorMessage = errorMessage & Environment.NewLine & "Job Title cannot be blank or TBD for RegisterID: ...."."
End If
Next
At the end of the code throw the exception...Is the above condition is met then a popup message will showup when planner clicks on the save.

prash4030
New Contributor III

thank you so much! i was able to configure as per my need. thank you again

regards

prashant