Preventing YTD true up for Attribute Member?

OSUBlakester
New Contributor II

Hi,
I've set up Attribute Members in my application. They are using Text fields in my UD3 dimension and the Attribute Members are in my UD6 dimension. For default Text values, it works great. However, if I want to make a time-dependent change, it does a YTD true-up on any values. For example, let's say I have a member "Member1" with the default value "Smith" and 1,000 per month. If I want the Text value to be "Jones" starting in M4, I make that change in the Text field for that period. When I view the data, the Smith row will have 1,000 for 3 months and then -3,000 in month 4 and the Jones row will have 4,000 in month 4 and 1,000 per month after that. Is there any way to prevent that YTD true up? I just want the amounts to stop for Smith and start for Jones without the true up?

6 REPLIES 6

Tyler_Dawson
New Contributor III

I wanted to add to this and share that we are having the same issue and have not been able to identify a fix or workaround yet. We wanted to add an additional comment here so that the OneStream user community knows there is still interest in this topic.

Ashok
New Contributor III

I have the same situation. has anyone come up with any work around? 

OSUBlakester
New Contributor II

The only work around I have found is to use a different account type.  I believe that Non-Financial does not do the true up.  

Tyler_Dawson
New Contributor III

We ended up creating a custom calculation that functions similar to an attribute member, but corrects for the YTD true-up issue. Our formula references a manual tag for each member identified from a supplemental import so that it can more easily change over time instead of using the text fields in OneStream.

TGG_Alex
New Contributor III

Bump to raise awareness and attention of this technicality.

Not sure if @Tyler_Dawson would be able to share code snippet or expected results for OneStream engineering team to address.

See below picture for what I believe users would expect vs what is happening today:

TGG_Alex_0-1709865799015.png

Hope I did not mis-interpret Tyler.

Cheers,
A.

TGG_Alex
New Contributor III

Sorry - typo - Smith should show 3,000 YTD I believe.

Cheers,
A.