incorrect Time description January

DurkS
New Contributor

In our date description the Januari month shows the wrong year. The date notation is correct, but de description in incorrect. Eg 2022M1 has a description of Jan 2021. This if very annoying and confusing for users in combo boxes at dashboards.

20240501 date table.png

I have pinned it down to the wrong fiscal year start date was entered when our application was set-up. 

20240501 Time Profile.png

The first period of data in the system is 2019m12. In the time profiles this was interpreted to a fiscal year start date of 12/31/2019. 

When I change the fiscal year start date 1/1/2019 in a test environment to, the issue with the wrong year description in January is resolved an at first glance there are no other issues popping up. 

However, because the time profiles are such a basic setting, we are hesitant to adjust his. 

Question: 

1. do you have recommendations for specific test we should run, before changing this setting

2. are you aware of a work around how the specific January description can be adjusted, without changing the fiscal year start date. 

E.g. is it possible to make a reference to the next year in the description of the time period? 

Time descriptionTime description

Thanks for your help.

Durk 

2 REPLIES 2

hiren
New Contributor III

The labels can display Calendar/Fiscal Year,

• cy - Calendar Year
  • fy - Fiscal Year

You may try changing the label of the first month to "Jan |fyfy|"

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@DurkS  - Yes Time is foundation setting for the Cube. Changing the Description & Short Description will not impact the application. But the new Description will reflect in all the Presentation layer example Reports, forms and QV.  You can also use XFBR rule to reflect the new change based on the current period selection, but it is more of maintenance, and you have to call this in all the Cube View and Dashboard. 

I would recommend performing a complete test in your test environment before moving to production.

Thanks
Krishna
Please sign in! DurkS