DLLs in v8

denisefockler
New Contributor III

I have reviewed the DLL FAQ document.  We are currently in the process of our v8 migration and have our test environment.  I have one business rule with several compile errors and I believe it has to do with dll's that are being referenced and are not included in the v8 OneStream platform.  Below is a screenshot of the three dll's my business rule is referencing.

1) since WinSCPnet is now included in the OneStream platform, do I remove the XF\ from in front of that dll?

2) For the other two that are not included in the OneStream platform, what do I need to do?  I am thinking the majority of my compile errors for this business rule are happening because these other two dll's are not available on the local gateway server?  

denisefockler_0-1713881265869.png

Thank you

Denise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sameburn
Contributor

Hi @denisefockler 

Are you a cloud customer?  If so, WinSCP is now installed as standard so to resolve that one you can remove the XF\ prefix e.g. just have WinSCPnet.dll (the XF\ is used to reference dll's that exist in the Business Rules Assembly folder)

This is because that dll is no longer stored in the business rules assembly folder but as part of core install for cloud customers

For the other 2 dll's you should check with support if they exist in your Business Rules Assembly folder.  These are not part of the standard installation (so would need to be added for you exceptionally) -> see guidance below

Platform v8 DLL Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - updated NOV-14 - OneStream Community (onestreamso...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Hi Denise,

The part that seems to be missing in your post is setting the folder for the BusinessRuleAssemblyFolder in the Application Server configuration file and copying the DLLs to that folder on each of your servers.

Here's a link that goes into this a bit more, scroll down to "Referencing and External DLL":
Organizing and Referencing Business Rules (onestreamcloud.com)

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Checking into this a little further, in V8.1, WinSCP is indeed "there" but it doesn't seem to be referenceable.:

RobbSalzmann_0-1713884785519.png

RobbSalzmann_1-1713884819650.png

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Hi Denise - Are you using SIC then you have to have the DLL in the SIC server. Are you using On-Premises or SaaS?

Thanks
Krishna

sameburn
Contributor

Hi @denisefockler 

Are you a cloud customer?  If so, WinSCP is now installed as standard so to resolve that one you can remove the XF\ prefix e.g. just have WinSCPnet.dll (the XF\ is used to reference dll's that exist in the Business Rules Assembly folder)

This is because that dll is no longer stored in the business rules assembly folder but as part of core install for cloud customers

For the other 2 dll's you should check with support if they exist in your Business Rules Assembly folder.  These are not part of the standard installation (so would need to be added for you exceptionally) -> see guidance below

Platform v8 DLL Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - updated NOV-14 - OneStream Community (onestreamso...

If you are not a cloud customer then you need to ensure that all 3 dll's being referenced are in your Business Rules assembly folder.  This folder path is setup on your app server config file and can be viewed via System>Environment in OneStream

sameburn_0-1713961238647.png

Hope this helps

denisefockler
New Contributor III

We are a cloud customer and in the process of migrating to v8.  I did in fact remove the XF\ from in front of WinSCP per the guidance in the DLL FAQ.  The issue was with the other two dll's.  OneStream support had not yet placed the other dll's in our Business Rule Assembly folder.  That has been done now and our rule is correctly compiling.

Our issue was I had requested the other dll's to be placed in the assembly folder on the OS side and was under the impression that had been done.  But, I had no way of confirming that.  Apparently they were not there originally.

Thank you

Denise

Please sign in! denisefockler