Add a named range to an excel export item in a book

MarkBird
Contributor II

Hi 

We are creating a book that loops over an excel export item to create multiple tabs (see below):

MarkBird_0-1693930996527.png

Is there any way to add a named range around each exported cube view?

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Book definitions are too dumb to do that sort of work. The only way I can see this happening is by triggering an extender after export, to postprocess the file.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some named ranges are created by default, did you see them?

JackLacava_0-1694157996413.png

I did, but we are looking to have a custom named range.

We are trying to create a extract book that we can use as an upload template. So we are trying to create custom named ranges that start with 'xfd'.

Book definitions are too dumb to do that sort of work. The only way I can see this happening is by triggering an extender after export, to postprocess the file.

Haha!

I have actually been trying to create an excel export using a an extender business rule (using information found on this post - https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Rules/Create-Excel-spreadsheet-from-Business-Rules/m-p/24...) but I am getting an error that says 'Could not find a part of the path' when trying to create the file.

That's a filesystem issue. If the rule is running in the Windows app, it likely has no access to your Documents folder; and if (more likely) it's executed on the server, that folder probably does not even exist there. You should target server folders that you know exist and are writeable by OneStream.