Get rid of Default TOP in my cube view

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

Is there any better way of getting rid of these default TOP other then explicitly adding them in each row with Name tag?

OS_Pizza_1-1698338457478.png

OS_Pizza_0-1698338412764.png

5 REPLIES 5

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi OS_Pizza: at least per the screenshot all members are using U1#Top, so you could remove the U1 expansion altogether and set it in the fixed POV.

If you need to modify the UD1 to something else further down your report, you could also do that with a single override where it is applicable (e.g. A#YourAccount:U1#NotTopAsRequired), rather than including it across all row blocks.

MikeG
Contributor III

MikeG_0-1698352093332.png

Hi @OS_Pizza , don't use the Default Column  Headers (or Default Row Headers) and just specify the Account dimension.

Hope this helps

db_pdx
Contributor III

Aw snap.  That's definitely the better approach. Take my upvote!

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

My apologies, I should have elaborate my ask.

OS_Pizza_0-1698393581398.png

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @OS_Pizza , depending on how you are doing your Member Expansions in your Rows, you can use an XFBR and pass the Account and UD3 as |MFAccount| and |MFUD3| in the :Name. Then in your XFBR String rule you can use a condition statement and subsequently Return " " or Return "NameOfUD3".

MikeG_0-1698670918323.png

Those packaged substitution variables don't always work as expected when using nested expansions, passing as a parameter to an XFBR so it may not work based on how your Row expansions are configured.  

Hope this helps.