Has anyone had an issue with Excel add-in coming back in after it was disabled or heard complaints about Excel taking a long time to open?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Kathryn Watkins

12/19/2018

Has anyone had an issue with Excel add-in coming back in after it was disabled or heard complaints about Excel taking a long time to open? Two users told me today that even if they disable the add-in and close/reopen Excel, the ribbon is activated again the next time they open Excel. The only way to make it go away was to go into the Trust Center to disable it. When it's active, they have found that it's taking "30 min" to load (not sure if it's really 30 min or if that was exaggeration). They think the long load time is because they have a bunch of other add-ins also running and it's in conflict with one / many. No one has administrator rights to their own computer and no one wants to uninstall it because they won't be able to get it back when they need it.

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jon Golembiewski

That is defined by LoadBehavior value (stored in the registry) by default it is set as 3 - load at startup.
It could be there in the user’s registry so they might be able to change it to 1 which is load - do not start or even 0 - unloaded.
have you used the Spreadsheet tool in the app heavily? It is an awesome tool and I know it is fairly new but it is a slower, clunkier, and has fewer features than regular Excel. I hesitate to push users to it because of this. Just my .02

Please sign in! OSAdmin