How can we display top or bottom lines in excel column header.

Ranvir06
New Contributor II

Dear Community,

we have requirement to display top and bottom lines in all the column headers in excel format.

Ranvir06_1-1684915174262.png

Here in this above image, a line should appear below the scenario and view columns. Here both of the columns are overridden. If I apply "ExcelBottomBorderLineStyle" in Cell formatting. It applies for both of the columns since both are overridden.

Ranvir06_2-1684915641675.png

Here, in this case I have created a blank row named it as "Row1" and given this condition below: 

If (RowName Contains 'Row1') Then
ExcelTopBorderColor = Black, ExcelTopBorderLineStyle = Thick
End If

Anyhow, this method works only if I create a blank row and applied this conditional formatting. Is there any other way/formatting setting that can be applied to achieve this? Any solutions to this will be really helpful.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I tried a few things but I don't think the results are what you'd like.

I think the only realistic approach here, if you can't produce a file that suits you, is to postprocess the file with some Excel-manipulating library that will allow you to change the format of those cells - or with a macro directly in Excel.

Noemi
New Contributor III

You can apply the same conditional formatting on the first row of your CV, in that case you can avoid creating a blank row.