Linked Dashboard - Drill through using a button instead of right click

camagruder
New Contributor III

Is it possible to pull up a linked dashboard by using a button component instead of having to right click on a cell.  I want the user to be able to click on a cell in a cube view, then click a button that pulls up another cube view showing the detail.  I am using two bound parameters for account and department within the dashboard.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi camagruder: yes, two options that I can think of:

• Have the button open an additional dashboard in a pop-up dialog.  This dashboard can contain the additional cube view(s) or components
  • Have the button change the dashboard that is viewed to an entirely different one.  Same idea, this new dashboard will contain the additional views.

In both cases:

• The 'change dashboard' action is set on the button itself.
    • For the dialog: User Interface Action > Selection Changed User Interface Action > Open Dialog (and specifiy the dashboard to open within 'Dashboard to Open in Dialog'
    • For the entirely different dashboard: Navigation Action > Selection Changed Navigation Action > Open Page.  Selection Changed Arguments will be: XFPage=Dashboard:YourDashboardToOpen
  • Also important to both, the dashboard / cube view you are opening is using the Bound Parameters that you set on the source Cube View under Navigation Links

Hope this helps.

Cheers   -db

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi camagruder: yes, two options that I can think of:

• Have the button open an additional dashboard in a pop-up dialog.  This dashboard can contain the additional cube view(s) or components
  • Have the button change the dashboard that is viewed to an entirely different one.  Same idea, this new dashboard will contain the additional views.

In both cases:

• The 'change dashboard' action is set on the button itself.
    • For the dialog: User Interface Action > Selection Changed User Interface Action > Open Dialog (and specifiy the dashboard to open within 'Dashboard to Open in Dialog'
    • For the entirely different dashboard: Navigation Action > Selection Changed Navigation Action > Open Page.  Selection Changed Arguments will be: XFPage=Dashboard:YourDashboardToOpen
  • Also important to both, the dashboard / cube view you are opening is using the Bound Parameters that you set on the source Cube View under Navigation Links

Hope this helps.

Cheers   -db

camagruder
New Contributor III

Thanks for replying! This worked once I got the bound parameters set correctly on the row and column sets and the cube views.