Navigation links in a dashboard

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I've got an annoying error message popping up on a dashboard I've built. To be clear it doesn't stop anything working, just wondering if I can get rid of it somehow...

Basically in the content section there are 2 cube views. When the user clicks on something in the first one, it uses the normal navigation links (in the cube views) to pass an entity and UD4 across to the second one. It's all fine and works except for the first time the user opens the dashboard when cube view 2 doesn't load (and gives the error message) because nothing has been clicked on yet!

Is there any way to pre-populate the |!ClickedEntity!| and |!ClickedUD4!| in cube view 2 before anything has actually been clicked?

Thanks (screenshots below),

Richard

First time load before anything has been clicked:

Richard_Mayo_0-1710325685283.png

After clicking on cube view 1, the navigation links kick in and populate cube view 2:

Richard_Mayo_1-1710325719136.png

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes: on the action Load Dashboard Server Task, set Execute Dashboard Extender Business Rule (Once), with arguments {MyDashboardExtenderName}{PopulateNavLinks}{ } and write a dashboard extender that looks like this:

'...
Case Is = DashboardExtenderFunctionType.LoadDashboard
	If args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("PopulateNavLinks") Then

If args.LoadDashboardTaskInfo.Reason = LoadDashboardReasonType.Initialize And args.LoadDashboardTaskInfo.Action = LoadDashboardActionType.BeforeFirstGetParameters Then

'Initialize vars
			Dim loadDashboardTaskResult As New XFLoadDashboardTaskResult()
			loadDashboardTaskResult.ChangeCustomSubstVarsInDashboard = True
			loadDashboardTaskResult.ModifiedCustomSubstVars.Add("ClickedAccount", "Cash")
			loadDashboardTaskResult.ModifiedCustomSubstVars.Add("ClickedEntity", "Houston") 
			Return loadDashboardTaskResult
		End If
	End If

julieta
New Contributor III

Also try to have all the cube pov with a member, this will fix it too.