Pass sql editor values in dashboard to Business rules

ResmiKR
New Contributor II

Dear Community,

I have a SQL Table Editor on a Dashboard and a button. When user select (click on a row/record) on the SQL Table Editor and then click the button, I need to pass the data in the selected row to a business rule. Is it possible?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Consider using a GridView - better choice for your requirement.  You won't need a button.  As soon as the user selects a row, it fires the Server Task.  Use a Bound Parameter to associate the ID column in the table/grid.  Pass the value of that parameter into the rule and use it to query the table to lookup the rest of the values.  If you must use a button, be sure to pass in the value of the bound paramater in the GridView to the rule the button calls.

RobbSalzmann_1-1710200272074.png

Thank you for it, 

I need to make modifications to the database table, which is why I'm using the SQL table editor. Is it possible to use GridView for the purpose of modifying data?

ResmiKR
New Contributor II

Thank you for it, 

I need to make modifications to the database table, which is why I'm using the SQL table editor. Is it possible to use GridView for the purpose of modifying data?

Once you’re in a BR you can modify a database table anyway you want.  
originally you wanted the user to “select a row and click a- button”. Is the user supplying the new/changed values?  If yes, STE. If no, Gridview