Reference result from an existing Cube View

jchartr1
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm still new to Cube Views and how dynamic they can be. 

We currently have 3 separate Cube Views, call them Canada_Results, US_Results, and UK_Results that are run independently by different users. These each have their own unique Account and UD intersections in each row. Our corporate group would have their own Cube View, call it Global_Results which displays the total results. 

Is there a way to build our rows in Global_Results to simply "grab" the row results from these existing Cube Views using a function like GetDataCell? We'd like to avoid creating calculated accounts or re-entering our Account/UD intersections as a formula for each row in Global_Results as that would get tedious for us to maintain. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jchartr1
New Contributor II

I've actually just solved my problem, I realized that since I have the row templates created, I can pull the required result I need directly from the row template using Row or Column Sharing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

Remember that with Cube Views, you could reduce maintenance by using row/column templates for Cube Views. That way if the column layouts are the same for all 3 cube views, then you only have to maintain the column layout once.
With Row Templates, you could have a Row Template each for UK/CA/US, and then have the main Cube View dynamically select which Row Template to use based on a parameter.

You could also use, in your row definition for accounts, you could use a Custom Member List to dynamically generate a list of specific accounts to be displayed in the rows, based on some criteria (e.g. property of the user, some parameter selection)

Is the question more on how to bring all these three cube views together into a single view?

jchartr1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply - our team imagines it working similarly to excel and directly linking a cell to another workbook.

Here are some clarifying items:

These Cube Views share the same column template which helps reduce maintenance. However, each Cube View has its own row template as results are presented differently and calculated differently. On our consolidated Cube View for the corporate group we have a select few results (rows) from each row template that we'd ideally bring into this report.

Rather than code and maintain these rows a second or even third time, we'd prefer (if at all possible) to simply pull the result from the existing templates. For example, whenever our report writers update the CA row templates for their Cube View, the corporate group will by default have the updated result.

Hopefully this makes sense! 

jchartr1
New Contributor II

I've actually just solved my problem, I realized that since I have the row templates created, I can pull the required result I need directly from the row template using Row or Column Sharing.