Setting one row in cube view to show prior year using column override

RickJ
New Contributor

Apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere - I have been searching for a while but didn't find anything that solves my problem.

I have a cube view with a single column whose member filter is T#|CVTime|.Base

It displays 12 columns, which is great - one for each period of our fiscal year. For example, if CVTime is 2025 then the cells of each column going left to right will have their POV Time as 2025M1, 2025M2, ... 2025M12. Wonderful!

However, on a single row within the cube view, I want to instead display values from the previous fiscal year using a column override for that row.  In other words I want the POV Time for the cells in that row to be 2024M1, 2025M2, etc.

Seems straightforward but the two seemingly obvious options I tried do not do the trick:

T#YearPrior1(|CVYear|).Base  (yields 2024 for each column.)

T#YearPrior1(|CVYear|.Base) (yields 2025M1, 2025M2, ... 2025M12)   - I don't know if it matters but it's not clear to me if that's how the syntax *should* work or if it's invalid and the column override is just being ignored.

I hope this makes sense. Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hiren
New Contributor III

I have not been able to successfully use member expansions in Row/Column overrides.

Instead of having column override you could,

• Create 12 separate columns (separate column for each month) with member filter as - T#|CVTime|M1,T#|CVTime|M2.....T#|CVTime|M12.
  • Add Row override to each column with member filter - for first month's column, T#PeriodPrior12(|CVTime|M1), for second month's column, T#PeriodPrior12(|CVTime|M2)..... so on..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hiren
New Contributor III

I have not been able to successfully use member expansions in Row/Column overrides.

Instead of having column override you could,

• Create 12 separate columns (separate column for each month) with member filter as - T#|CVTime|M1,T#|CVTime|M2.....T#|CVTime|M12.
  • Add Row override to each column with member filter - for first month's column, T#PeriodPrior12(|CVTime|M1), for second month's column, T#PeriodPrior12(|CVTime|M2)..... so on..

RickJ
New Contributor

Thanks, that did it! I used T#[YearPrior1(|CVTime|)]M1 in my row overrides.