Sort cube view rows alphabetically based on member name

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi,

I know I could create a custom member list of an XFBR rule for the scope, but is there an easier option to get the cube view rows ordered alphabetically based on member names? Eg. currently, if I have E#Ent1000.Children in row, the cube view is by default showing the members children of Ent1000 in the order with which they appear in the Entity hierarchy. I would like them to be ordered based on their name.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @AndreaF , the only way I've accomplished this is using the Finance rule and function from GolfStream: 

MikeG_0-1704376784856.png

Otherwise it is as you noted, dimensional member order based on the DImension Library.  Unless you created an alternate hierarchy that was alphabetical and added that to the maintenance and management of the metadata.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @AndreaF , the only way I've accomplished this is using the Finance rule and function from GolfStream: 

MikeG_0-1704376784856.png

Otherwise it is as you noted, dimensional member order based on the DImension Library.  Unless you created an alternate hierarchy that was alphabetical and added that to the maintenance and management of the metadata.

Hope this helps,

AndreaF
Contributor III

Thank you @MikeG. I've ended up writing an XFBR rule for it.