"Index was out of range" error

Beeswing77
New Contributor III

Hi,

We have a user that is getting the error below while trying to refresh an excel file using Smartview.  I've had a look at the file, and it's nothing special. Just a few XFgetCell formulas, and it runs fine for me.

Error:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collecion.

Parameter name: index.

Any ideas folks?

4 REPLIES 4

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

A couple of things to check:
Could be related to security.  Is something in the sheet trying to access something your user doesn't have access to?
Could be related to macro security.  Have the user login to the sheet on your machine and see if you get the same error.  If you do, it rules out something specific to  user's machine/excel.

nm
New Contributor

@Beeswing77  - Did you ever find the solution? I have the same issue on a cube view despite having full administrator rights

Beeswing77
New Contributor III

Yes,  the issue was due to one item in the PoV not being defined.  The excel ran fine for me because I had a default point of view set up, so the undefined item (I think it was entity) automatically got populated from the default point of view, but the user in question did not have a default point of view, so the undefined item remained blank.

nm
New Contributor

Awesome, that seems to have been the same issue on my end (issue with the entity). Not sure on the technical aspect since the report was set to WFEntities and there was a selected entity in the workflow, but at least managed to get the report working manually for now. Thanks!