Building External Libraries

MikeMurray
New Contributor II

Are there any resources for building an external library?  I'm looking to build a dll and getting an ambiguous namespace issue for DbConnInfo.  It appears to be an issue between the OneStream.ClientWindowsBRApi.dll and OneStream.SharedDatabaseTables.dll.  

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Not as far as I know. To be honest, OneStream DLLs are not really meant to be repackaged or called from external code (except from Powershell). If you really need to add custom code, it is a better idea to just do the minimum in your DLL using basic .Net objects and then call that library from OneStream rules instead.

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

I know this may be a silly question but are you sure you are building your DLL using the same .NET framework version as the OneStream platform? I assume you are using Visual Studio?
If you are on-premise then you might be able to download & install a Dependency Walker tool for .NET, and check the dlls with that.
But this really goes into the area of advanced consulting on a one-to-one basis , which we can't do for free on forums like this, especially without any knowledge of the specific environment.
There is some guidance in the Design & Reference guide ( Defining a Reference to an External .NET DLL ) , but I think you are already past that level. There is no other published documentation that I am aware of that takes this step any further.

Thanks Chris, I'm going to do some more digging and see if I can't learn to fish a little more.