Derivative Transformation Rule ActualQuantity field as Amount

Steven
Contributor

I would like to create a derivative transformation rule that will add _Qty to the end of the Account and pull the ActualQuantity field from the data source as the Amount.

My DataSource has a field for ActualQuantity.

I have a Derivative Rule that looks like this:

Steven_0-1689283755066.png

The complex expression on the derivative rule is:

Steven_1-1689283826842.png

this returns 0 instead of the amount in the ActualQuantity field.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's difficult to judge without looking at your full datasource configuration, but there are many ways to skin this particular cat. You could map the column to an Attribute Value dimension (e.g. AttributeValue1), then use args.GetNumericValue("AV1#") . You could get it by column index from api.Parser.DelimitedParsedValues(yourColIndex). Keep in mind that most values will be treated as text, not Numeric, even if they are numbers; so you will want to get them as "Dimension Values", unless they are in Amount or in Attribute Values.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is the DataSource a Matrix type, by any chance?

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's difficult to judge without looking at your full datasource configuration, but there are many ways to skin this particular cat. You could map the column to an Attribute Value dimension (e.g. AttributeValue1), then use args.GetNumericValue("AV1#") . You could get it by column index from api.Parser.DelimitedParsedValues(yourColIndex). Keep in mind that most values will be treated as text, not Numeric, even if they are numbers; so you will want to get them as "Dimension Values", unless they are in Amount or in Attribute Values.

api.Parser.DelimitedParsedValues(3) returned:  "Unable to execute formula. Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.  Parameter name: index"

I tried to use the Attribute dimension with this business rule: 

"Return Integer.Parse(args.GetNumericValue("A1#"))"

This just returned 0

When I tried the Attribute Value dimension:

"Return Integer.Parse(args.GetNumericValue("AV1#"))"

this worked.

Thank you!!!

AndreaF
Contributor III

Perhaps you can map the ActualQuantity column as Amount in the data source. Then in the derivative rule you wouldn't need to use a complex expression, just the rule expression you already have and a None logical operator.

There are two different amounts.  One for the Value, and one for the Quantity.  If I map the ActualQuantity to the Amount; then I have to use the complex expression to find the value instead of finding the ActualQuantity.  same issue with a different field.

I currently have created a SQL statement that pulls all the records twice.  Once for value and once for ActualQuantity.  This is working, but if I could do this in the Derivative rule, it would be cleaner.