GetMember ID issue

BCG
New Contributor II

Hi Experts,

I am trying to read the member ID in data buffer to assign some values accordingly, But it is giving in correct ID seems

in the log file i can see ID as "-1" , Generally Member ID was different in the dimension library if this is readying correctly - Kindly confirm

Dim vSrcUD2Split As String() = Split(sText2,":")
Dim GetUD1Ac As String = Trim(vSrcUD2Split(0)):Dim GetUD1Mvt As String = Trim(vSrcUD2Split(1))
Dim vTgtActID As Integer = api.Members.GetMember(DimType.Account.Id,GetUD1Ac).MemberPk.MemberID
api.LogMessage(vTgtActID) 

Outcome is : -1

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

MarcusH
Contributor III

I think the problem is that you have added .MemberPk. This works for me:

api.Members.GetMember(DimType.Account.Id, "HEADCOUNT").MemberId

View solution in original post

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi BCG

Markus is right, your MemberPk is false, you can access the MemberId directly from the Member object.

But if you don't need the object, you can even access the id directly by using the following:

api.Members.GetMemberId(DimType.Account.Id, "HEADCOUNT")

Cheers

Christian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, what is the member name when you log "GetUD1Ac"? Does that match 100% with the member of which you intend to retrieve the ID? It seems likely that the string returned to GetUD1Ac may be a little inaccurate and therefor cannot be found in the dimension.

BCG
New Contributor II

Acc value.png

yes account GetUD1Ac value is correct. matching with log file

MarcusH
Contributor III

I think the problem is that you have added .MemberPk. This works for me:

api.Members.GetMember(DimType.Account.Id, "HEADCOUNT").MemberId

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi BCG

Markus is right, your MemberPk is false, you can access the MemberId directly from the Member object.

But if you don't need the object, you can even access the id directly by using the following:

api.Members.GetMemberId(DimType.Account.Id, "HEADCOUNT")

Cheers

Christian