How to store Destination cell amount to temp variable to append with source cell amount

BCG
New Contributor II

Hi Experts,

I would like to store existing cell destination value to temp variable so as to write back to destination by appending of source cell value using databuffer - with the following script i have written can only copy source cell to destination, but it does not append if the value is already exist in destination prior to write from source cell amounts.( I need because multiple source values are writing up to same destination then each time it is getting replaced already existing value- which is not correct as per the business case)

Dim ResulDataBuf As DataBuffer = New DataBuffer()

Dim DestinationInfo As ExpressionDestinationInfo = api.Data.GetExpressionDestinationInfo("V#Periodic")
Dim DataBufFilter As DataBuffer = Api.Data.GetDataBufferUsingFormula("FilterMembers(V#Periodic),[A#[root].base.Where((Text1 <> "")And (Text2 <> ""))]")

DataBufFilter.LogDataBuffer(api, "records", 100)

For Each sourceCell As DataBuffercell In DataBufFilter.DataBufferCells.Values

Dim cashflowCell As New DataBufferCell(sourceCell) 'Temp buffercell within the loop to copy my cashflow cell

Dim sText1 As String = api.Account.Text(cashflowCell.DataBufferCellPk.AccountId, 1) 'Source Mvmt
    Dim sText2 As String = api.Account.Text(cashflowCell.DataBufferCellPk.AccountId, 2) 'Target Account:Mvmnt.

If (Not sText1 = "") And (Not sText2 = "") AndAlso instr(sText2, ":") > 0 Then

Dim vSrcUD2Split As String() = Split(Trim(sText2), ":")

Dim GetUD1Ac As String = Trim(vSrcUD2Split(0)) : Dim GetUD1Mvt As String = Trim(vSrcUD2Split(1)) 'Spliting with : in Text2 value for Account:Flow 
        Dim GetUD1AcR As String = Right(GetUD1Ac, len(GetUD1Ac) - 2) : Dim GetUD1MvtR As String = Right(GetUD1Mvt, len(GetUD1Mvt) - 2) 'Removing A#/F# to get Member ID's

Dim vTgtActID As Integer = api.Members.GetMember(DimType.Account.Id, GetUD1AcR).MemberId
        Dim vTgtMvmntID As Integer = api.Members.GetMember(DimType.Flow.Id, GetUD1MvtR).MemberId

Dim GetExistDestCellValue As DataCell = api.Data.GetDataCell(sText2)
        api.LogMessage(sText2 & "=>" & GetExistDestCellValue.CellAmount)

cashflowCell.DataBufferCellPk.AccountId = vTgtActID
        cashflowCell.DataBufferCellPk.FlowId = vTgtMvmntID

Dim ResultCell As New DataBuffercell(cashflowCell)

ResultCell.CellAmount = (ResultCell.CellAmount)

If (Not sourceCell.CellStatus.IsNoData) Then
            ResulDataBuf.setcell(si, ResultCell, True)
        End If
    End If
Next
api.Data.setdatabuffer(ResulDataBuf, DestinationInfo) 'Save the data into destination.
4 REPLIES 4

BCG
New Contributor II

In addition to the above, i could see the data in the cube view for the destination intersection, but when i see the same in the logbuffer the value is 0.00 with no data status in the printscreen (source & destination sequently)- what could be the reason. this is why i could not get the data to temp variable when i try to store from destination intersection

Databuffer.png

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

you just need to prepopulate the result databuffer with the source data:

instead of:

Dim ResulDataBuf As DataBuffer = New DataBuffer()

do this:

Dim ResulDataBuf As DataBuffer = Api.Data.GetDataBufferUsingFormula("FilterMembers(V#Periodic),[A#[root].base.Where((Text1 <> "")And (Text2 <> ""))]")

then

ResulDataBuf.setcell(si, ResultCell, True)

should do the job without any additional work.

BCG
New Contributor II

Hi ChristianW,

as suggested, i have modified the script but not able to see the expected results, instead it is getting failed

error message : Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

modified full script:

'Dim ResulDataBuf As DataBuffer = New DataBuffer()

Dim DestinationInfo As ExpressionDestinationInfo = api.Data.GetExpressionDestinationInfo("V#Periodic")
Dim DataBufFilter As DataBuffer = Api.Data.GetDataBufferUsingFormula("FilterMembers(V#Periodic),[A#[root].base.Where((Text1 <> "")And (Text2 <> ""))]")

DataBufFilter.LogDataBuffer(api,"records",100)

Dim cashflowCell As New DataBufferCell(sourceCell)'Temp buffercell within the loop to copy my cashflow cell
Dim sText1 As String = api.Account.Text(cashflowCell.DataBufferCellPk.AccountId,1)'Source Mvmt
Dim sText2 As String = api.Account.Text(cashflowCell.DataBufferCellPk.AccountId,2)'Target Account:Mvmnt.

Dim GetExistDestCellValue As DataCell = api.Data.GetDataCell(sText2)
api.LogMessage(sText2 & "=>" & GetExistDestCellValue.CellAmount)

If (Not sText1 = "") And (Not sText2 = "") AndAlso instr(sText2,":")>0 Then

Dim vSrcUD2Split As String() = Split(Trim(sText2),":")

Dim GetUD1Ac As String = Trim(vSrcUD2Split(0)):Dim GetUD1Mvt As String = Trim(vSrcUD2Split(1))'Spliting with : in Text2 value for Account:Flow 
Dim GetUD1AcR As String = Right(GetUD1Ac,len(GetUD1Ac)-2):Dim GetUD1MvtR As String = Right(GetUD1Mvt,len(GetUD1Mvt)-2)'Removing A#/F# to get Member ID's

Dim vTgtActID As Integer = api.Members.GetMember(DimType.Account.Id, GetUD1AcR).MemberId
Dim vTgtMvmntID As Integer = api.Members.GetMember(DimType.Flow.Id, GetUD1MvtR).MemberId

Dim ResultCell As New DataBuffercell(cashflowCell)

ResultCell.CellAmount = (ResultCell.CellAmount)

'ResulDataBuf.setcell(si,ResultCell,True)
DataBufFilter.setcell(si,ResultCell,True)
End If
End If
Next
'api.Data.setdatabuffer(ResulDataBuf,DestinationInfo)'Save the data into destination.
api.Data.setdatabuffer(DataBufFilter,DestinationInfo)'Save the data into destination.

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

I don't understand exactly what you are doing, but can you try this code:

Dim ResulDataBuf As DataBuffer = Api.Data.GetDataBufferUsingFormula("A#all")
Dim DataBufFilter As DataBuffer = Api.Data.GetDataBufferUsingFormula("FilterMembers(V#Periodic,A#root.base.Where((Text1 startswith F) And (Text2 contains :)))")

DataBufFilter.LogDataBuffer(api,"records",100)

Dim cashflowCell As New DataBufferCell(sourceCell)'Temp buffercell within the loop to copy my cashflow cell
	Dim sText1 As String = api.Account.Text(cashflowCell.DataBufferCellPk.AccountId,1)'Source Mvmt
	Dim sText2 As String = api.Account.Text(cashflowCell.DataBufferCellPk.AccountId,2)'Target Account:Mvmnt.

If (Not sText1 = "") And (Not sText2 = "") AndAlso instr(sText2,":")>0 Then

Dim script As New MemberScriptBuilder(Trim(sText2))

Dim vTgtActID As Integer = api.Members.GetMemberId(DimType.Account.Id, script.Account)
			Dim vTgtMvmntID As Integer = api.Members.GetMemberId(DimType.Flow.Id, script.Flow)

ResulDataBuf.setcell(si,cashflowCell,True)
		End If
	End If
Next
api.Data.setdatabuffer(ResulDataBuf,DestinationInfo)'Save the data into destination.