File Explorer Incoming workflow folders missing in copied applications

kchampion
New Contributor II

This post is to provide information about File Explorer Incoming workflow folders.  Based on what we've seen in our environments, when an application is copied, the new application does not contain the folder structure located at: 

\File Share\Applications\<Application Name>\Incoming\<Cube Root Name>_Cube\<Workflow Base Input Name>\<Workflow Import Name>

We noticed these folders were missing in our last application copy when we were trying to copy files through SIC and drop them into the workflow import folders since our requirement was to drop them there for users to manually import when they choose (instead of automatically loading the files through batch import from batch harvest).  

To fix this issue we exported the Workflows and re-imported them back into the copied application.  This triggered OneStream to create the cube root folders and workflow folders for the workflows that were imported.

Hope this helps someone else who might be running into the same issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Thanks @kchampion  for the information. It was useful. I have a follow up question. Did you use the Cloud Admin Tool to copy the application ? If that is the case and it is frequent I would recommend to create a support ticket as well.

Thanks
Krishna

kchampion
New Contributor II

Hi Krishna,

Most recently the issue occurred when OneStream copied applications for us as part of a request, but it happens also when I use Cloud Administration Tools to copy applications.  I logged a case with OneStream Support and they suggested for me to create a batch load DM from the Harvest folder, but that option doesn't meet our requirements and it doesn't fix the issue with the folders being missing.

Thanks!

Kathryn

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@kchampion  - Thanks for the update. Which Version of OS ?

Thanks
Krishna

kchampion
New Contributor II

Hi @Krishna 

I've seen it happen in both 7.4.2 and 7.1.3.

Kathryn

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Thanks Kathryn.

Thanks
Krishna