How can I prevent workflows from being closed?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chul Smith

4/27/2020

How can I prevent workflows from being closed?

3 REPLIES 3

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chul Smith

To find out who closed the WF, you select the cube root WF in OnePlace for the specific scenario and year that was closed. Then in the right window, right click and click Audit (your menu might be slightly different from mine).

fef0b269dbd9d4908feee3a84b961916.png

In the pop up window, expand Manage Workflow and the green one below is who closed the workflow. The screenshot below shows who opened it back up.

8111be29dbd9d4908feee3a84b9619e6.png

jwhanson15
New Contributor

Hello, expanding on this.  Is there a way to prevent the workflow from being closed through security or other means?  Is there a way to hide the "Close Workflow" button or gray it out for the users who have access to the cube root workflow profile?

Yes.  On the default WF that is set up for a a WF suffix (e.g. _ACT below), the WF name is "Manage Workflow".  This is the one that displays the dashboard allowing users to Open or Close entire WFs.

If you set the "Execution Group" to "Administrators" or "Nobody" this will prevent users from getting to the "Close Workflow" button and dashboard.  You can leave the "Access Group" as "Everyone" (and want to for ease of use) but generally, on this default unused WF you will want to have the "Maintenance, Execution and Certification" groups set to "Administrators" to prevent common users from accidently closing the WF.  

T_Kress_1-1708698999054.png

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software