Linking spreadsheets to third party application within OneSream

SteveT63
New Contributor II

Hi,

We are using an application called Certent Disclosure Management (CDM) as part of our consolidation and close process for external reporting. For this we have built links between CDM and cube views to extract data. My question is, is it also possible to link to a spreadsheet held somewhere in the application? We have EUC's that have to be sent to CDM which contain data not available in OneStream. For this we use a SFTP 'pipe'. I was wondering whether if we held the files in OneStream would it be possible to transfer that data to CDM in much the same way as we do with data in Cube Views?

The answer is probably 'no', but I just wanted to ask the question.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SteveT63
New Contributor II

Many thanks. We may do that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't know about hotlinking (you might have to speak with the AAS hackers for that), but you can easily extract files from Onestream using Data Management, with the Extract File step type:

JackLacava_1-1670231696231.png

The file can be placed on any filesystem the Onestream server has access to, and the extraction can be triggered by REST api calls.

SteveT63
New Contributor II

Hi. Thanks for that. Not sure I fully know what that means, but I'm sure one of the techies here will. From what you're saying it might be mossible to do this. We CDM tool uses API's to extract data from cubeviews. I'm guess what I'm asking is would this work for the same from a spreadsheet held on OneSTream or would it be more like an SFTP service where the file was moved across to the other application?

Literally anything is possible in Onestream, it's just a matter of figuring out the exact constraints.

From what you said, it seems like CDM can make web calls. With those, it can trigger OneStream to extract the files and to place them in a location where CDM can access them; or, the files can be periodically extracted from OS and again placed where it's convenient for CDM to retrieve them. Other solutions are also possible, but might require a bit of extra coding.

Your consulting partner should be able to set this up without much trouble; if they are not available, get in touch with our Advanced Application Support team (either via Support or your Customer Success Manager), describing the exact technical details, and I'm sure they will be able to do it.

SteveT63
New Contributor II

Many thanks. We may do that.

TGG_Alex
New Contributor III

@SteveT63 - another approach could be to consider exploring the merits of migrating the information on those spreadsheets into OneStream and retrieving these back out in Excel whether that be through CubeViews or TableViews.

Cheers,
A.
Please sign in! SteveT63