Setup On-Prem Oracle DB connection in OneStream Cloud

Mikki
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have been trying to understand the process to setup On-Prem Oracle DB connection in OneStream Cloud to export data from cube. Is there a document that you guys can point to? 

The doc I found didn't help much as it seems it is for On-Prem OneStream version. 

Thanks in advance,

Mikki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JoakimK
New Contributor III

As was already replied above, our excellent customer support would help you set this up, but in general terms you will need to setup the Oracle drivers/client on all the OneStream application servers, setup the tnsnames.ora file on all the same servers, and then setup the external connections inside the OneStream app config so that the connection becomes visible in your OneStream applications and can then be leveraged to read and write data (of course pending on access rights). This is a very high level overview, and in order to accomplish the steps above, you might need a VPN tunnel setup, and possibly other security measures such as firewalls needing opening, IPs needing whitelisting etc, all depending on your current IT policies.

Keep an eye out for the new solution coming soon, called Smart Integration Connector, where all the configurations for this will move from OS servers, to be handled inside your own environment instead.

I hope that helped a little.

Joakim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You'll have to contact OneStream support for that. Not sure when the Integration client that wont need a VPN tunnel(not sure whether we'll still have to involve support for that as well)

Mikki
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response.

Mikki

JoakimK
New Contributor III

As was already replied above, our excellent customer support would help you set this up, but in general terms you will need to setup the Oracle drivers/client on all the OneStream application servers, setup the tnsnames.ora file on all the same servers, and then setup the external connections inside the OneStream app config so that the connection becomes visible in your OneStream applications and can then be leveraged to read and write data (of course pending on access rights). This is a very high level overview, and in order to accomplish the steps above, you might need a VPN tunnel setup, and possibly other security measures such as firewalls needing opening, IPs needing whitelisting etc, all depending on your current IT policies.

Keep an eye out for the new solution coming soon, called Smart Integration Connector, where all the configurations for this will move from OS servers, to be handled inside your own environment instead.

I hope that helped a little.

Joakim