7.3, Workspaces and .xfproj file

Sweez
New Contributor III

Has anyone worked yet with workspaces (loading/ extracting) using a .xfproj file?  I am trying to moved a dashboard maintenance unit (DMU) out of the default workspace into a new one.  However, when I export my .xfproj file (pre-7.3), remove the DMU from default, and load the .xfproj file back in I do not see it loading to the new workspace I created.  Is there something in the .xfproj file that needs added to accumadate workpsaces in 7.3?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tledet
New Contributor III

Examples of using Workspace with an .XFProj file

Everything in a Workspace

<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardWorkspace" folderPath="" workspace="WORKSPACENAME" includeDescendants="true" /> 

Everything in a DMU in a Workspace

<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardMaintenanceUnit" folderPath="" workspace="WORKSPACENAME" name="DASHBOARDMAINTENANCEUNITNAME" includeDescendants="true" />

Everything in the Default Workspace

<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardWorkspace" folderPath="" workspace="" name="" includeDescendants="true" />

Everything in the Default Workspace with the DMU specified

<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardMaintenanceUnit" folderPath="" workspace="" name="DASHBOARDMAINTENANCEUNITNAME" includeDescendants="true" />

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Easy way to test it, create one maintenance unit in the new one, export it, and see the difference in the XML.

Sweez
New Contributor III

Thanks for replying. I guess I am not sure how that translates to the xfproj file.  How the xfproj file works is still a little bit of a mystery.  I can see where workspaces are referenced in the normal xml.  I can modify it and load back into Onestream to move Maintenace Units out of default.  Problem is the xfprof file does not seem to recognize workspaces.  Sorry if I am not explaining it well.

tledet
New Contributor III

Examples of using Workspace with an .XFProj file

Everything in a Workspace

<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardWorkspace" folderPath="" workspace="WORKSPACENAME" includeDescendants="true" /> 

Everything in a DMU in a Workspace

<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardMaintenanceUnit" folderPath="" workspace="WORKSPACENAME" name="DASHBOARDMAINTENANCEUNITNAME" includeDescendants="true" />

Everything in the Default Workspace

<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardWorkspace" folderPath="" workspace="" name="" includeDescendants="true" />

Everything in the Default Workspace with the DMU specified

<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardMaintenanceUnit" folderPath="" workspace="" name="DASHBOARDMAINTENANCEUNITNAME" includeDescendants="true" />