Ability to accept / deny transfers in People Planning

mark-d-klein
New Contributor

Hi All, 

I'm trying to understand whether there is any way that within People Planning, a user would be able to initiate a transfer and the receiving entity would have the ability to accept or deny this transfer through an approval process. 

As an example, If I am transferring 3 employees from the insurance team to the finance team, would a member of the finance team be able to deny this change?  

Appreciate any insight you all may have on this. Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4

Not inbuilt. However, you can create a custom process within PLP to do it. Again that will be a complete custom solution.

Could you share a bit more on detail on what you mean by custom process? Thank you. 

Here is an idea. You can use the SaveRegisterItems after event handler to move the transfer items to another table where receiving entity managers can approve or reject them. You can even send an email to the receiving managers if needed. In your Transfer calculation, look where the entity is approved in that custom table. If approved, the calculation will be done at receiving entity. The calculation will be done on the originating entity itself if it is not approved.

Koemets
Contributor

I believe this is not standard PLP functionality nor I see it as recommended OneStream practice. OS is not a personnel management tool, while it's rather forecasting tool, that assumes transfers and all are done deal.

But this can be achieved with additional efforts.