Aggregation for the Periods to Year to Date in Forecast

Qiniso
New Contributor III

I am having an issue with cash flow report taking last month's (ie Dec 2022) value to aggregating it to the year to date (ie 2022), ignoring other months (... Oct, Nov, ). Does the account type get affected by the view dimension, whether periodic or YTD?  Or this might be affected by other settings in the dimension. The scenario settings for the Forecast for Input View for Adjustment are periodic, similar to No Data Zero View for Adjustments and Nonadjustments. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

The example cube view looks like what would happen if your accounts are Asset/Liability or Balance.
Which may be OK because you might be looking at Balance Sheet accounts.
But the important thing for Cash Flow is whether the Flow member (the Flow type dimension) that you are looking at in that cube view. I assume you would be using a flow member that represents all the total cash-related movements. The critical point is on the flow member, if you are using a Balance Sheet account. Does the flow member has the "Switch Type" property set to TRUE?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

Can you explain with an example showing the cube view ?

Qiniso
New Contributor III

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

YTD or periodic both should should consolidated YTD data for 2022. Drill down on 2022 data cell to see how it is derived?

Qiniso
New Contributor III

2022 is derived from YTD (see screenshot) 123.PNG

Run a force consolidation on Dec 2022 and then check.

Qiniso
New Contributor III

It's not working.

Check the account type; yes that does matter.

Qiniso
New Contributor III

So use revenue or expense or balance sheet?

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

The example cube view looks like what would happen if your accounts are Asset/Liability or Balance.
Which may be OK because you might be looking at Balance Sheet accounts.
But the important thing for Cash Flow is whether the Flow member (the Flow type dimension) that you are looking at in that cube view. I assume you would be using a flow member that represents all the total cash-related movements. The critical point is on the flow member, if you are using a Balance Sheet account. Does the flow member has the "Switch Type" property set to TRUE?

Qiniso
New Contributor III

Thanks, it works if set to TRUE. I had thought Switch Type only impact the translation.