Balancesheet Period DataLoad

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Hi All - I have a quick question on Periodic Data Load for Balance Sheet. If I load Periodic data to BS accounts, will it calculate YTD automatically? or we need to write a formula to get the YTD value. Any Input would be appreciated ?

Thanks

Thanks
Krishna
6 REPLIES 6

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

All data in OneStream is always stored as YTD, even if you enter it as Periodic; so the answer is yes, if you're using standard Import profiles all YTD values will be automatically calculated.

The only exception to this rule is BiBlend.

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Thanks @JackLacava - I wanted to make sure you that I understand correctly, without any configuration in OS the below illustrations are correct. See the image below

Krishna_0-1712689379888.png

Thanks
Krishna

Yes that's what you would expect in the database.

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@JackLacava  - I tried importing periodic data using Import WF and see the below results. It is not performing the same as the previous screenshot. Do I need to change anything in Scenario Settings ? or WF settings to calculate 

Krishna_0-1712703470470.png

Thanks
Krishna

There might be other factors at play, like rules and datasource settings. Feel free to get in touch with Support through the web portal to go through proper troubleshooting, doing it here would take too long.

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Thanks @JackLacava .  Here are my findings. I tried the below still the same behavior.  There is not an out of box functionality. As you mentioned we have to write a rule and set the scenario settings to periodic. I am going to test with the rule and update the same.

1. I tried the Scenario settings with Periodic and load the data to Periodic. Trial and Error with different combination

2. Setting the Flow Switch Type to True and Asset account is acting as Revenue. I don't think we need to perform this, but I just tried to see the outcome.

3. Set the below WF Settings and tried loading the data.

Krishna_0-1712771689502.png

Thanks
Krishna
Please sign in! Krishna