Call Workspace Extender Rule from Workspace Data Management Sequence

MarcusH
Contributor III

Hi All

I am upgrading the MarketPlace app Reporting Compliance (TCR) so that it has its own separate Workspace (V8.1). I have added the Business Rules as assembly files and they all work. The current environment (V6.8) has a Data Management job to run calculations so I am now adding a Data Management job to the WorkSpace Data Management Groups. The only problem is that when I add a step (type Execute Business Rule) to the Workspace Data Management Step, the drop down list only shows Business Rules in the general Business Rules area and not the file assembly area.

How do I get the Workspace specific Business Rules in the Workspace specific Data Management Groups?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcusH
Contributor III

The drop down list only shows the BR from the 'Application' type Business Rules. To add a BR in a workspace you need to add this to the beginning of the BR name:

Workspace.Current.[AssemblyName].BRName

MarcusH_0-1712058741639.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MarcusH
Contributor III

I have now found the Data Management Step Service in the Source Code Type for the Assembly file. But can anyone explain what this means:

MarcusH_1-1711372340265.png

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

I remember @ChristianW discussed this before.  here is one of the posts that I found helpful:
Solved: Re: Workspace assemblies - Call functions from another file within the same assembly - OneSt...

Hi Robb

Thanks for looking at this. The other thread does not cover the Data Management Sequence. Everything else is working - I can't find a way to get the Workspace DM section to recognise the Workspace extensibility BRs to use them for automation.

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Marcus, are you wanting to reuse code in an existing extender?  If so you could write code in your DM’s rule that references the extender you want to run.  

Robb, I want to be able to package everything into a Workspace (ie the old Dashboards) so it can be easily moved to another environment. I can use workarounds to call the 'Application' DM jobs but I want to use the 'Workspace' DM job. The ability to have a DM job in the Workspace was put there for a reason and I want to use it. Problem is I don't know how. 

Once again, thanks for taking the time to look at this. 

MarcusH
Contributor III

The drop down list only shows the BR from the 'Application' type Business Rules. To add a BR in a workspace you need to add this to the beginning of the BR name:

Workspace.Current.[AssemblyName].BRName

MarcusH_0-1712058741639.png

Nice work Marcus!  Thanks for posting the solution.  
Curious, did you find this in the OS documentation?  If so can you provide a link?

A colleague worked out the format and it was not in any documentation.