Complex Data Form

SS_Admin
New Contributor

Hi All, 

I am trying to find the best way to load my budget day. I currently have 22 departments, 207 accounts and 100 facilities that I need to load too. Do either of you have any suggestions on what's the most effective way to get my data loaded in OneStream that will take the least amount of time? I greatly appreciate your input.   

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a "how long is a piece of string" type of question, really... Depending on how the data is going to be provided and by whom, there a number of very different answers. This sort of setup typically takes some brainstorming with a consulting partner, to design a good solution.

Gidon_Albert
Contributor

Are you asking about loading data through a form or by importing a file?  Simple math indicates that your potential monthly number of cells is 22x207x100=455,400. This is a lot for one form, but not too much for an import. Is the budget data created in OneStream? Or is it coming from another system? 

Hi Gidon,

Thank you so much for replying back to my question. No, the budget data is not created in OneStream, it is uploaded into OneStream from excel source files. 

Gidon_Albert
Contributor

Got it. So for this you have two options: convert the Excel files to csv files and import it, or create an Excel Import Template, copy the data from the Excel Budget files to the template, and import the template. Import templates can be found on Marketplace:

Gidon_Albert_0-1670947741977.png

Hope this helps.

G