Conditional Display of dashbaord's component

MatthieuR
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I'd like your input on whether it is possible, or not, to conditionally display or hide a dashboard's component ?

I have a case that, depending on the scenario selected in the workflow, I want in my dashboard to display, or not, a button (that will then allow user to seed forecast, but I want them to be able to do that only when they are doing their forecast, as dashboard is shared across scenarios)

I tried to use a XFBR that would return me a different value (True or False) depending on the scenario selected and add this XFBR as value of the setting "Is Visible" of the button component, but that didn't work (thrown an error "Index was outside the bounds of the array").

So I don't know if it's because it's not possible or I did an error but open to any suggestions to make this requirement work

Thank you

Matthieu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Hello - you are definitely going about it the right way. Likely, the XFBR was the issue. Here is an example of doing similar that may help:

EricOsmanski_0-1659625429897.png

EricOsmanski_1-1659625457573.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Hello - you are definitely going about it the right way. Likely, the XFBR was the issue. Here is an example of doing similar that may help:

EricOsmanski_0-1659625429897.png

EricOsmanski_1-1659625457573.png

Thank you, I did same steps as you indeed, it was a stupid error from me having declared a variable that was throwing this error but I already had the logic. Thanks for the prompt reply