Copy consolidated data from one cube to another

daniel
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to copy consolidated data from one Cube to another one. All the process works perfectly except for the consolidated data. C#Elimination is not being imported.

The part of the connector rule where I think there is a problem is here, but I don't know how to solve it:

Dim dtDataRecord As DataTable = BRApi.Import.Data.FdxExecuteDataUnit(si, myCube, "E#E004", 
"C#Local:P#PL00", ScenarioTypeId.Actual, "S#ACT", "T#"& wfTime, "YTD", True, filterF, _
4, False)

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

aformenti
Contributor II

Hi @daniel,

I don't think you can export data with an FDX query from the Elimination level. It would only export C#Local as you have specified in the query. 

To export Elim data you'd need to find another approach.

As far as I can think, you can:

1. Export a Data File from the C#Elimination:O#Elimination and Import through Stage using a Data Management Data Source. 
  2. Copy the data direct into the cube by using a Seeding rule. 

There are other options if these does not work for your use case. Happy to give you more details if needed. 

sameburn
Contributor II

Hi @daniel .  The FDX Data Unit BRApi does not extract Relationship data. You could try the FDX CubeView BRApi built off of a Cube View... or a Data Management Export Data step

sameburn_0-1719303931616.png

T_Kress
Contributor III

Keep in mind that if you are able to copy the C#Elimination:O#Elimination data as noted by others in this thread, if you consolidate that data in the target cube, the eliminations will get re-written in the target cube based on the relationships and data in the target cube.   That is unless you have turned off elimination logic in the target cube or do not plan on consolidating data in that cube.  

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software