Create Custom Table in Cloud

Mikki
New Contributor III

Hi,

Can we create a database table in OneStream Cloud that we can customize with our own data/columns and run report of? Any document that I can refer to?

Thanks in advance,

Mikki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DanielWillis
Contributor III

Hey Mikki,

Yep you can and its very useful but its done via a Marketplace app called Table Data Manager which provides the interface for the management of the tables. Check it out in OnePlace

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

DanielWillis
Contributor III

Hey Mikki,

Yep you can and its very useful but its done via a Marketplace app called Table Data Manager which provides the interface for the management of the tables. Check it out in OnePlace

Mikki
New Contributor III

Thank you. 

The documentation is helpful but not much on whether we can automate data updates. Is it possible to drop/load data using Business Rules or DM step or any other method?

Yes definitely. You can insert, update and select from these tables using business rules etc. They get created with an XFC prefix in the application database.

Henning
Contributor III

Hi, I agree with Daniel, Table Data Manager is definitely the first way to go! Simple to operate. I just want to add that one might also create custom tables with Business Rules in case someone may need to be more flexible than what is possible in TDM. Custom tables are utilized in many OneStream solutions to leverage the full capability of the platform and address reporting needs appropriately. As you know not all data should be kept in the cube, which is exactly why you are looking for a custom table.

You may also check out material in the Academy and the trainings OneStream offers, especially on the BI  and Planning (XP&A) side of things.

arpitm
New Contributor III

Hi,

Can you also modify the tables for other marketplace solutions ? For example I am trying to insert a few rows in one the tables for Application Contol Manager via Business Rule. There are no errors reported while executing the business rule but my table is not being updated.

Henning
Contributor III

Hi, I can only advise against that. Anything like that will render the marketplace solution in use unsupported and might even break it.

arpitm
New Contributor III

Thank you for the response