Do we have any process for migration of OneStream application from environment to other

Chand
New Contributor II

Hi 

Do we have any process or procedure which helps in migrating OneStream application from one environment to the other.

We are aware of application load or extract. Do we have any another best process which can help in migrating to adopt only recent changes to application.

Thanks

Chand

4 REPLIES 4

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Chand: I can't comment on migrating an entire application.  But if you are focusing on migrating select components from a development app to production app, consider using Project Files.

Here's a forum post on it: Solved: Extracting Dashboards - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com)

Else, check the Design and Reference Guide: "Project Extract and Load"

Cheers -DB

Chand
New Contributor II

Hi  DB 

Thanks for the information ,let me try this .will let you know .

Thanks

Chand dude

Cosimo
Contributor II

I'm assuming you're on Cloud versus On-Prem. 

Use OS Service Portal Cloud Customer that your company is already registered to use. Under Catalog, select "Application Copy" and fill the form (source environment/application to target environment/application). The support team will then copy the underlying app database across environments. It's usually done within a 1/2 hour.

If you're OS environments are On-Prem, your SQL DBA should be able to copy the app database across SQL instances.

Cosimo_0-1657198034989.png

Chand
New Contributor II

Thanks Cosimo For your reply ,Let me check on this solution once