Eliminations not working in an Alternate hierarchy

halbrooks100
New Contributor II

We have our main hierarchy that has intercompany eliminations working as they should. 

We also have 2 alternate hierarchies where one is eliminating as it should, and the other is not eliminating. 

Consol -   Primary Hierarchy - Percent Consolidation 100

Consol - Alternate hierarchy - Percent Consolidation 0  - Elimins not working at first common parent,

Second Alt Hierarchy - Percent consol 100 - Eliminations working as they should.

halbrooks100_0-1699908517794.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

halbrooks100
New Contributor II

Thank you for your feedback, it appears our issue is related to the account extensibility, the base level accounts are not valid for the parent rollups and therefore do not eliminate.  Meeting further with OneStream to confirm. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NicolasArgente
Valued Contributor

Hi @halbrooks100 
You are correct, there should  be an elim on Consol. Please review your elimination script probably under Finance BR rules. Is Consol rolling up to a parent? Remember Elim will happen after the local, translate....
Thanks,

Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolas-argente/
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.

And @halbrooks100 both hierarchies will need to be Consolidated separately at the respective Entity Parent.  Make sure your V#CalculationStatus is OK on both hierarchies.

halbrooks100
New Contributor II

Thanks Mike, sounds like I need to pull the alternate out into its own consolidation.   and thanks v# calc status is OK in both. 

Yes Consol rolls up to a consol all so we can run consolidations all at once, sounds like that my be hurting us in this scenario.  

halbrooks100
New Contributor II

Thank you for your feedback, it appears our issue is related to the account extensibility, the base level accounts are not valid for the parent rollups and therefore do not eliminate.  Meeting further with OneStream to confirm.