Entity status is changed if scope is inputed on adhoc hierarchy

BENJAMAA
New Contributor II

In the case of a parallel hierarchy the status of the entity changes if the data is modified on the scope of another hierarchy,
Example: Entity A is 100% owned by parent A, and 90% owned by parent B; we enter the scope with Parent A on the 1st of the month, we launch the consolidation with scope A and the entity has an ok status;
on the 20th of the month we load the scope with parent B; the status of the entity is changed under parent A as the scope data is entered in local and the parent becomes a partner.
How can we ensure that the status of A does not change under parent A after changing scope B?
THANKS

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

If I understand your post, you're saying you're loading data related to two different parents but both targeting Local Currency. Base Entity data is base Entity data, regardless of where you then consolidate it to, so OneStream rightly flags up when base entity data is changed.

There are a number of ways to address your situation.

Ideally you wouldn't care about the status of the parent after you load A; you would care about the status of the Workflow loading A-related data. You can do that by segregating data with Workflow Channels. Once the workflow for A is completed and locked, you know that the data for A is there and you can consolidate it a billion times with the same results. Same for the workflow for B. You can then have a Review profile that consolidates both parents in one go. I believe this is the "most OneStream" way to address it.

Another alternative is to post data for B as Parent adjustments.

Another alternative is to post the two datasets in different Scenarios.

Another alternative is to split the Entity in two - if these datasets are really not meant to impact each other, surely there shouldn't be any problem. You can always reaggregate them into an intermediate parent if necessary.

I'm sure more experienced folks will have other suggestions.

BENJAMAA
New Contributor II

hello Jack,
thank you for your feedback, I think I was not clear, there is a single entity A under 2 parents: Parent A and parent B. When we launch the consolidation with Parent A, the consolidation status of entity A becomes consolidated, on the 20th of the month we load the scope under parent B, the status of entity A under parent A changes as in the screenshot ; we want to be able to manage 2 perimeters without impacting the status of the entity
Status Change.png

If you load any data into Entity A, its status will be impacted. That will happen no matter how many parents you have. Your problem is that you keep loading against the same entity but you want its status not to change - that is not possible. What is possible is what I listed above. You probably want to learn about Workflow Channels, and how the Workflow is really the key element you should worry about in OneStream - rather than the calculation status.

BENJAMAA
New Contributor II

thank you for your response , i will read more about workflow channel .