Extensibility comparison

Arjen
New Contributor II

I know that there is the comparison utility, however I would like to compare extensibility in a cubeview. I am looking for a Dynamic Calc which gives me True or False if an account is part of the SummaryAccounts (compare the SummaryAccounts with the DetailedAccounts)

In the cubeview rows I will retrieve the A#DetailedAccounts.TreeDescendantsInclusive. In the columns I would like to have the dynamic calc which gives me true or false (in V#annotation) if part of the SummaryAccounts.

The result should look like this:

Extense.png

Somebody who already made/tried this? Or has a better solution?

Regards,

Arjen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Arjen: you can put this logic into a UD8 DynamicCalc and use it display in a QuickView / CubeView

Dim viewMember As ViewMember = ViewMember.GetItem(api.Pov.View.MemberPk.MemberId)
If viewMember.IsAnnotationType Then
    Dim selectedAcct As Member = api.Pov.Account
	Return BRApi.Finance.Members.GetAllMembers(si, BRApi.Finance.Dim.GetDimPk(si, "SummaryAccounts"), False).Contains(selectedAcct).ToString
End If

Its simply getting all members from your SummaryAccounts dimension and checks if the current account is in the list.

Make sure when you use this you are not suppressing zero/nodata rows and columns.  Else, just run it next to data (U8#None, U8#WhateverYouNameThisHelper:V#Annotation) so it doesn't get suppressed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Arjen: you can put this logic into a UD8 DynamicCalc and use it display in a QuickView / CubeView

Dim viewMember As ViewMember = ViewMember.GetItem(api.Pov.View.MemberPk.MemberId)
If viewMember.IsAnnotationType Then
    Dim selectedAcct As Member = api.Pov.Account
	Return BRApi.Finance.Members.GetAllMembers(si, BRApi.Finance.Dim.GetDimPk(si, "SummaryAccounts"), False).Contains(selectedAcct).ToString
End If

Its simply getting all members from your SummaryAccounts dimension and checks if the current account is in the list.

Make sure when you use this you are not suppressing zero/nodata rows and columns.  Else, just run it next to data (U8#None, U8#WhateverYouNameThisHelper:V#Annotation) so it doesn't get suppressed.