For those that have used the Flow Processing rules for multi currency input... if you have calculated data that you write to the currency flow members, does the calculation sequence still pick it up to reverse translate it back to the entity currency

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jon Golembiewski

4/9/2019

For those that have used the Flow Processing rules for multi currency input... if you have calculated data that you write to the currency flow members, does the calculation sequence still pick it up to reverse translate it back to the entity currency? My thinking is that any member formulas or business rules would run after the flow processing rules and thus wouldn't get picked up. Basically, in the sequence below, anything running after step 3 would not get translated to the entity currency. I could not be lazy and test it but just wanted to see if anyone had run into this before.

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jon Golembiewski

Thanks guys. I ended up testing this as well and confirm the results. I guess it wouldn't be that bad to just put all calcs in business rules and then call from the scenario formula. Option 2 would be to put all calcs as custom and use the isDurable setting which doesn't provide much additional benefit than option 1. Option 3 would be to basically remove the standard flow logic and do the LC translations in member formulas, maybe at Pass8 so that other member formulas can be before or after.

I guess it comes down to if there is any huge performance benefit from using member formulas due to the multi threading because option 1 & 2 will pretty much prevent that ability. Option 3 would also add a hit to performance because of the additional flow formulas so its probably a wash.
also if you put it in the scenario formula, you'll need to force everything.