Formatting Reports

wm2
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to format this so the Total Assets/Liabilities/SE at the top is just a header without numbers.

Does anybody know the correct formula?

wm2_0-1721076896305.pngwm2_1-1721076908345.png

4 REPLIES 4

T_Kress
Contributor III

If you go into the cell formatting on those rows, you can change the cell text color to transparent which will make the numbers disappear. That looks like this:

T_Kress_1-1721080051911.png

But if that is truly just a header row or label row you can set the account as follows on that row:

T_Kress_0-1721079987681.png

And then account none will not pull any numbers and you can still use the cell transparent text as listed above.

What I like to do is set up a row format that is called:  Row_BlankCell in dashboard parameters.  In the dashboard parameter it will look like this:

T_Kress_2-1721080236400.png

Then I apply that format in the default section of a cube view for any rows that contain the word "Header" as an example.  And then as long as you start all these header rows with something like "HeaderTotAssets" they will get the right formatting applied.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

wm2
New Contributor

That was perfect, thank you so much.

Last question, do you know how to bring the column header down so it is even with the row header? 

Thank you!!

wm2_0-1721137642682.png

T_Kress
Contributor III

Check your indentation on the head vs regular rows.  It appears you have indented the data rows:

T_Kress_0-1721149660649.png

Teresa C. Kress

T_Kress
Contributor III

Wait, I just re-read your ask.  If you want it to be on the same row as your data rows, that is a bit trickier.  If your row is using .Children or .Descendants or some expansion then having "Assets" appear on the same row as "Cash" will not be easy without some coding.

But if your rows are individually calling out accounts then you could do this on your "Cash Row" as an example:

T_Kress_0-1721150697630.png

Then it would appear like this:

T_Kress_1-1721150731327.png

Teresa C. Kress