cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Error Connecting after Upgrade from 711 to 722.

fl11th
New Contributor II

Generic Error Connecting after Upgrade from 711 to 722.

Followed same process used to Upgrade from 681 to 711. Had no issues during Upgrade to 711.

Server 1: Web & App

Server 2: App

Server 3: SQL DB

  1. Backed everything up.
  2. Stopped AppPools.
  3. Uninstalled OneStream 711 from Web & App.
  4. Installed OneStream 722 on Web & App.
  5. Upgraded backend Framework & App DB.
  6. Updated ASP.NET Config File.
  7. Updated Web & App Config Files.
  8. Updated IIS.
  9. Restarted.
  10. Everything starts up.

Can browse to the Web & App Server resource folders in IIS Manager.

  • Had to enable 'Directory Browsing" for each first of course.
  • Had to "Allow unlisted file name extensions" for 'Request Filtering' for Web.

fl11th_0-1668614958377.png

Onscreen error:

Unable to connect to server using address 'http://web-server:50001/OneStreamWeb'.

fl11th_1-1668615037097.png

Event Viewer Error:

Inner Exceptions:
Unable to access application server using address 'http://Web-Server:50002/OneStreamApp'.
The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8).

This error seems to indicate and issue with the App Server instance located on the Web-Server but no further detail is given.  If I turn down that App Server instance, I get "no endpoint listening" so I know it is truly attempting to connect to that App Server.

Anyone experiencing this when upgrading to the newly released 722 Version or is this some sort of corruption that occurred during the process?  Looking for a detailed error message with actionable triage process but Event Viewer seems to be limited in detail.  

Thanks in advance;

-Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Moderator
Moderator

Frank, this sounds like something the support guys would be happy to look at, did you open a case with them? If not, I can do that.

Generically speaking, when I had issues of this type, I made sure to "purge it all with fire" (uninstalling, rebooting, removing any leftover file in Onestream folders, rebooting again, reinstalling) and it went back to normal.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

fl11th
New Contributor II

Further info: When I try to pull up the App Server in question through a browser I get the following error.  This seems to be some versioning mismatch in underlying technology.  When I search on this I get suggestions to code developers on how to handle this.  Hoping maybe this is a 'red herring' and that either some setting is off or fixable corruption occurred during the upgrade.  Any help is greatly appreciated:

fl11th_0-1668616695704.png

 

JackLacava
Moderator
Moderator

Frank, this sounds like something the support guys would be happy to look at, did you open a case with them? If not, I can do that.

Generically speaking, when I had issues of this type, I made sure to "purge it all with fire" (uninstalling, rebooting, removing any leftover file in Onestream folders, rebooting again, reinstalling) and it went back to normal.

fl11th
New Contributor II

Yes, I have been working with support on this for a few days now.  They are still just gathering information about the problem.  My hunch is that something got corrupted during the upgrade but I'm hoping they can come up with an easier fix than re-baseline.  We have a bunch of apps in this environment and have upgraded like this previously to other versions without incident.  If they don't come up with any suggestions, I will be going the "purge it all with fire" (uninstalling, rebooting, removing any leftover file in Onestream folders, rebooting again, reinstalling) route as you mentioned. -f

fl11th
New Contributor II

Well since all else failed and OneStream Support came to the same conclusion, I re-baselined by doing the following: (uninstalling, rebooting, removing any leftover file in OneStream folders, rebooting again, reinstalling). That did the trick! It looks like something got corrupted during the upgrade process the first pass. Luckily, I had already Upgraded all of the Databases because it wiped all of the connections out of the Database Utility.  Actually, I backed up the XFDatabaseConfigUI.xml file... will try dropping it in place to see if the connections re-appear.

fl11th
New Contributor II

FYI - The backup XFDatabaseConfigUI.xml file retained all of the Database Connections...

Please sign in! fl11th