How can I allow a user to uncertify specific workflow profiles but not all profiles ?

MarkHoughton
Contributor

Hi,

We would like a particular user with authority over several accountants that have certified their accounts for that user to be able to uncertify (un-certify) those certain workflow profiles if any changes are required.

At present, if the workflow has been certified the user gets a warning.. has not been granted access to application role 'UnlockWorkflowUnit' for application.

So how do I grant them this access ? The only group they are not in is 'Administrators', but we do not want them to have full unlock/uncertify rights, but only for the selected entities which are under the parent that they have reporting responibilty for.

Keywords Unlock and UnCertify Ancestors and Unlock Workflow Unit

2 REPLIES 2

MarcusH
Contributor III

The Application Security Role the user needs is UnlockWorkflowUnit but you say they already have that access. I suspect the user also needs Execute access on the Workflow item.

Hi Marcus,

The user is already in the Execution security profile. I am wondering if it is not possible as the documentation implies only "Administrators" would normally uncertify. Am hoping to be proved wrong and someone can guide me to a configuration that would allow multi-tier control of the unlock/uncertify process.

Thanks anyway.