How can I over ride the rate of the parent to display in EUR when I run forms in local?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jeff Wood

12/11/2019

I have a sub consolidation where all the children have the member property currency setting as EUR but the parent currency setting is USD. When I run sub consolidation cube views in local currency the children display in EUR but the parent displays as USD so the cube views total don’t foot because it is in USD. How can I over ride the rate of the parent to display in EUR when I run forms in local?

2 REPLIES 2

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chul Smith

You need an alternate EUR parent else OS will translate the USD to EUR which is what you DON'T want due to overrides and CTA.

I guess you could also insert a EUR parent between the base entities and the USD parent so there is a sub consolidation point for EUR before it goes to USD. Could also use the auto-translate currency setting on the parent (not sure this is advised) or just have a Force Translate run at some point in the process.

Yeah, I believe auto-translate will translate USD to EUR per my first response. But the suggestion of putting an EUR parent before the USD parent is OK as long as there are no USD overrides. If there are, then you'll need custom rules to pull in overrides from the base entities since those aren't translated to USD.

BernardoN
New Contributor II

Hi, regarding that last part, do you have any code snippets to pull the overrides from the base entities ?

Thanks