How to setup OneStream onpremise server

rsreenu
New Contributor III

Hello OneStream Infra Experts,

I would like to know if we are customer to OneStream and bought the cloud Onestream application, Can't we download and setup an Onpremise Onestream server like Hyperion Onprem version.

Please let me know the server details and configuration to Install the OneStream.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

RafaelVidal
New Contributor III

Hello rsreenu, 

yes, you can install OneStream onPremise. You need also IIS (the Web Server) and MS SQL Server as (DB engine), and of course, infrastructure sizing requires further analysis.

rsreenu
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info  RafaelVidal  and I see that 3 servers are required to Install and configure which required high configuration like 64 GB RAM, Can't we Install all in single environment with 64 GB RAM, Does anybody tried this?

Besides the contractual considerations that @Henning  mentioned, you should note that you will need a license code for onpremise installation, which would (or should) not have been provided for a cloud subscription. Without license code, Onestream might install but it will not run.

RafaelVidal
New Contributor III

Yes you can, but do not expect a good performance. That implementaiton must be used as a POC sandbox.

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, not being an expert on your contract with OneStream, but if you have signed a SAAS contract, I would assume that this is for SAAS only. I would suggest to reach out to your account executive in case you have more questions.

For future reference, the installation guide is also available here:

https://femsadev.onestreamcloud.com/OneStreamWeb/Help/Content/Installation/Introduction.htm