In general, is it possible to import a file to a cube that is outside the cube set in the workflow?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jon Golembiewski

2/23/2019

In general, is it possible to import a file to a cube that is outside the cube set in the workflow? I am fairly certain it is not but maybe there is a configuration or workaround I'm not aware of. Let's say you have a Drivers cube and you want a user to load a file to that cube and then import a file or fill out a form in the Main Cube. Is the only way to have the user switch workflow profiles?

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Michael Gialanella

Yes, it's possible. It is an Extended Workflow. In this example Cb#Golfstream is Top Level for Workflow = True, Cb#Houston_Linked is Top Level for Workflow = False. Each have different Entity, Account, UD1, UD2 dimensions.

The Base Input profile specifies the target Cube and they need to be linked through Cube References. I don't think you could have separate Import channels, the property for Cube is on the Base Input Profile, not the Import step. Sorry Jon, from your question above it looks like you were just missing something simple in the setup. In your case you'd need a separate Base Input Profile. But you could do it in the same Cube Root Profile.

28475f43db251c108feee3a84b961916.png