Is there any way to somehow link the actual data in Stage with the actuals copied into the Planning cube via a connector business rule or alternate method?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Martin Toma

1/25/2019

I wanted to know how you guys have addressed this issue before. My only thought was to create another WF that loads to the Planning Cube and have that feed from the stage table of the Actuals cube. This Planning WF would automatically be loaded (via Batch) upon successful load of the Actuals cube.

Question from the partner:

• We have 2 cubes – one where we load actuals from EBS and another where we do planning.
  • Data is loaded into the Actuals cube from EBS where we consolidate/group the lower level Entities into summary Entities via Transformation Rules.
  • Essentially in Stage for the Actuals cube, the Entity dimension is more granular than what is in the actual financial mode
  • The Actuals cube is used to process actuals, elimination, adjustments, etc. and then we copy the data to the Planning cube.
  • That works beautifully, but if I’m looking at my actuals from the Planning cube, and try to drill down, I only see what was copied over from the Actuals cube (summarized Entity) without the ability to drill down to what is in Stage. This makes perfect sense since there is no link between the Planning cube and the actuals loaded into Stage

So for the question…is there any way to somehow link the actual data in Stage with the actuals copied into the Planning cube via a connector business rule or alternate method???? What we want to avoid is dual EBS loads to Stage for the Actuals and Planning cube

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chul Smith

You can't jump data unit in drill down so.... The way I've gotten around it is to present the Actual scenario (and in your case, cube) for the actual months of the year and the forecast for the remaining months of the forecast scenario in one cube view. The data should be the same in the actual months in both actuals and forecast scenarios so it's still there, but you do kind of run the risk of those two scenarios not being in sync (albeit very low). But if it's Budget where you're manually entering on top of the seeded actuals, you can link a cube view or navigation link that would bring you back over to the actuals cube where the user could drill down
it would be a great solution if you figure out a way to do it with something on the front end. I'm not aware of any way to modify the drill down code (it's back end?) to allow jumping data units.