Journals calculate and post Dt/Ct

wJack
New Contributor II

Hi All

I am trying to build BR (Finance or Extender (General Server), activated by Dashboard button) to calculate Journal (based on two different Cubes) and post to Dt or Ct ('if' statement to define where exactly)?

I thought it would be possible with 'api.Data.Calculate' by just having simple equation TargetCube = 1stCube - 2ndCube; but cannot get to the place where I could define whether it should be posted as DebitAmount or  CreditAmount.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're using Calculate, there is no concept of debit or credit - you just target the accounts you want to write to. However, this will not create proper journals, it will literally enter values in the intersections.

If you want proper transactions recorded as Journals, you will have to use the functions like BRApi.Journals.Data.ImportAndProcessJournals (which works with files) or the ones under BRApi.Journals.Metadata.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're using Calculate, there is no concept of debit or credit - you just target the accounts you want to write to. However, this will not create proper journals, it will literally enter values in the intersections.

If you want proper transactions recorded as Journals, you will have to use the functions like BRApi.Journals.Data.ImportAndProcessJournals (which works with files) or the ones under BRApi.Journals.Metadata.

wJack
New Contributor II

Thank you. Finally I have used one from BRApi.Journals.Metadata. It works fine.