cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited Administrator Group

IL
New Contributor

Hi, is there a means of creating an administrator group but limiting access to certain dimensions, i.e. the group can see and perform all the same functions as administrators but just cannot see a specific dimension (such as a specific account)?

2 REPLIES 2

T_Kress
Contributor III

Yes.  There are many ways you can approach this.

The easiest way is to use the out-of-the-box application security role:  ManageMetadata.  You could set up a security group specific to that role and place here:

T_Kress_0-1721318984405.png

You would need to test that security role above. Granting just that may be enough as that application role may supersede the need for what follows below.  If so then you can use exclusion security groups to keep people out of certain dimensions.

If the ManageData role does not all-compassing, then you will need to also need to grant access to the dimension library page here:

T_Kress_1-1721319086704.png

And then finally within each dimension, on the dimension properties tab there is a maintenance group associated with each dimension for which you may also need to set up gropus:

T_Kress_2-1721319200818.png

So it is definitely possible using a combination of the above security groups.  Of course, set up a test user and place them in to each of the new groups you set up and assign to ensure it is behaving as expected.

I will be testing the "ManageMetadata" role soon so I can reply back my findings but I encourage you to set up and test for yourself too.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

IL
New Contributor

Thanks for that, Teresa, will give it a try!