Loading Translated Historical Data

xtensibilitybro
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I was reviewing the following link below regarding strategies to reconcile historical data. 

Strategies for Data Reconciliation - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com)

I noticed the following statement "You can turn-on’ translation for periods when the translation is what you will use going forward. It is possible in OneStream to load parent currency. By simply using the Flow dimension, you can see how simple it would be to handle historical currency issues."

Can someone please point me in the right direction in terms of documentation on how this is done / the details. Ideally from either the OneStream handbook, design and reference guide, or OneStream academy.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2

jana_seinige
Contributor

Hi

Not sure where is the source of your information. But when reading "By simply using the Flow dimension" -> I would think that they mean using the currency overwrite function. You can create a special flow member and load there your consol currency values. E.g. you have USD as consol currency. You have a flow member called ACQ you want not to be translated using the standard rates, but loaded. So you create ACQ_USD and linked them together. When translating, the USD figures for the ACQ will be taken from ACQ_USD. Of course you have to care about closings and currency translation differences etc.

Thank you for the reply. The source of the information is in th link of my initial post. I have added the link again below:

Strategies for Data Reconciliation - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com)

Can you please point me in the direction of within the design and reference guide or the handbook which explains how to complete the process you mentioned above. For example, where can I find documentation on the following statement: "You have a flow member called ACQ you want not to be translated using the standard rates, but loaded. So you create ACQ_USD and linked them together."

Thanks for the help! Cheers!