New balance sheet accounts do not feed through all months i.e. derived data is not working. Why ?

MarkHoughton
Contributor

Hi,

I have created some new balance sheet accounts relating to Right Of Use Assets, I have copied the structural dimensions from my existing fixed assets, so that every member property field matches. I use a generic cubeview for recording opening balance adjustments, when I key into all my other balance sheet accounts, then the derived value flows through the remainder of the year. This happens regardless of which is the first month I key into. However, for my new ROU accounts, it does not do it. The values just show as 0 and I have to key in the actual value manually each month thereafter. 

Here is some sample data to show what is/is not happening. Also, it does not matter which month is the first month.

MarkHoughton_1-1691061640609.png

So what have I missed in creating these ROU account codes in the member properties ? They use the same flow constraint as my other fixed assets, so it's not that.

Where else do I need to look ?

Cheers

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarkHoughton
Contributor

Hi, I have solved it. 

MarkHoughton_0-1691076439718.png

NoDataZeroView for NonAdjustments was set to Use Scenario, when i changed it to Periodic, then the data flowed !

Thanks

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MikeG
Contributor III

HI @MarkHoughton can you show the data cell POV.  Is it V#YTD or V#Periodic?

Hi Mike.

View is V#YTD for all rows and the "Rows" are just an A#AllPPE.Base setting, so no individual variations there either.

OK, for a sanity check can you post the Account member properties here.  My guess is the Account Type would be set to Asset.  For testing purposes, add the View to the Columns.  Show V#Periodic, V#YTD, and V#CS for the calculation status.  Curious if you ran a Force Consolidate on period 2023M9 if that may be what all is needed.

Hope this helps.

MarkHoughton
Contributor

MarkHoughton_0-1691071906816.pngHi Mike, yes "ASSET" as you surmised. 

Details for Periodic...

MarkHoughton_1-1691072096442.png

Calc status...

MarkHoughton_2-1691072153580.png

Question though, why would all other accounts 'autofill' but not these new ROU's if none of them have been calculated. 

Regards

Mark

MarkHoughton
Contributor

Oh and the force calculate made no difference.

MikeG
Contributor III

Is that all 1 Scenario?  Why are old periods open but future periods locked?  I have a lot of questions, ha!

Yes, all one scenario - Actual. This is a copy of our live system from May which I am using as a test application. Hence future periods being locked, but the problem is in live and the group accountant only just told me that they have been manually 'fixing' this value each month since P01-23 in the ROU accounts.  I have just used these sample numbers to demonstrate the problem.

MarkHoughton
Contributor

Data sample with a full year unlocked in a random other entity. Also these postings are in a specific UD1 level.

MarkHoughton_0-1691073936612.png

MarkHoughton
Contributor

Hi, I have solved it. 

MarkHoughton_0-1691076439718.png

NoDataZeroView for NonAdjustments was set to Use Scenario, when i changed it to Periodic, then the data flowed !

Thanks

MikeG
Contributor III

Thanks for your help Mike. It forced me to look again at every setting !